Who We Are and What We Do
Inspire Nyack is a community-based, parent led, non-profit organization founded in 2007, whose goal is to help develop, implement and maintain educational excellence in the Nyack Public School system.
Inspire Nyack strives to support creative learning opportunities for faculty and students K-12 in the Nyack schools through innovative educational programs. The cornerstone of the foundation’s contributions have been targeted towards science, technology and math programs including the successful pre-engineering and robotics curriculum. We are excited to expand our efforts to strategically support new initiatives that broaden the opportunity set for our children by bridging technology platforms into other scholastic disciplines such as art and music.
Goal Accomplished: Raise funds to open a MacLab at the Nyack Middle School
Inspire Nyack funded a new Mac Lab at Nyack Middle school that has begun offering classes for the 2017/2018 school year. The classroom is outfitted with 22 desktop & 10 laptop computers to offer graphic design & animation classes for 8th grade students this year.
Why Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Mathematics (STEAM)?
STEAM education integrates concepts to help find a solution to real world problems using project-based learning. The growth in STEAM job opportunities are expected to be significantly above other occupations over the next few years, according to the US Department of Education.
Since 2007 Inspire Nyack Foundation Has Contributed $500,000 to Fund:
- NEW Mobile Makerspace learning spaces in each of the three elementary school libraries.
- MacLab at the Middle School – includes 32 Macintosh computers, new desks and related equipment
- MacLab at the High School- includes 23 Macintosh computers, keyboards, headphones & specialized software.
- Science Computer Lab Classroom for 7th Grade: 22 computers, digital probes & software.
- Robotics Programs & Maintenance in K- 8th grade: computers, materials & equipment
- Consultants for Professional Development and Training
- Funding for Science Competitions and Fairs
- Chrome books for the Middle School
- Inspire Nyack Week – Science oriented assemblies in K-8th grade; Pi Day at the high school.
Results – Our Children Learn
- Elementary Level Hands-on learning: engineering concepts, problem solving & construction design.
- Middle School Engineering projects, graphics design, precision measurement & DC circuits, soldering/ power tools, and digitally analyzing experiments.
- High School New technology platforms in art, music & computer graphics.
Download our printable brochure in PDF format which highlights how we support educational excellence
As a 501 (c) (3) organization registered with the office of the NY State Attorney General, all donations to the foundation (IRS ID# 26-0754883) are fully tax deductible to the extent allowed by applicable law